In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Gulkand paste can also be used to make the sherbat but fresh rose petals are recommended for that original flavour.
- 1259 views
A natural coolant and a refreshing drink, rose sherbat is perfect during the summers. It has the aroma of rose petals and the sweetness of sugar.
- Rose (gulab) petals (1 cup)
- Sugar (3–4 tbsp)
- Water (1 cup)
- Lemon (nimbu) juice (1 tsp)
- Add the rose petals and sugar to a medium-sized bowl.
- Crush the petals using a wooden pestle until they break down. Add lemon juice and water. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cover the bowl and leave in the refrigerator for at least 4–5 hrs or, ideally, overnight.
- Drain using a strainer over a bowl. Taste and adjust the sugar accordingly.
- Serve this palatable drink chilled with ice cubes.