In the node detail page
Tel Ka Achar
- Duration: 3 days
- Serves: 500gm people
While placing the mangoes under the sun, apply some salt and seal the jar with a muslin cloth. This way, the sunrays will dry the pickle but at the same type keep the dirt particles away.
- 1110 views
Plenty of oil is used to make this pickle, hence the name. This delicious pickle can be prepared with either mango or lemon, either way, it will just as divine and authentic.
- Raw mango (kacche aam) (25)
- Nigella seeds (kalonji) (2 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chili Powder (1 tbsp)
- Salt ( to taste)
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) (3 tsp)
- Fennel (saunf) (2 tsp)
- MTR Dhaniya/Coriander Powder (2 tbsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (3 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (1/2 tsp)
- Garlic (lehsun), coarsely ground (1/2 cup)
- Mustard oil (sarson ka tel) (500 gm)
- Wash and slice the mangoes (without peeling) into thin strips, transfer to a clean jar, add salt and dry them in the sun for 3 days.
- After 3 days, drain the water released by the mangoes and spread them on a piece of cloth to dry.
- Roast all the spices including garlic and grind them to a coarse powder.
- Mix the spice mixture with the dried mango slices. Stir until blended.
- Transfer the mango slices to a jar, pour mustard oil, shake and seal it.
- Place the jar in the sun for 3–4 days.
- The tangy tel ka achar is now ready to be served.