In the node detail page
Ragi Rava Idli
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6-7 people
Spice Level: Medium
Ragi is a mild-flavoured grain and by adding green chilli, ginger paste to the batter, the idlis acquire a zesty flavour that is perfect to get your mornings started right.
- 1608 views
Believed to be one of the healthiest recipes, especially for babies, ragi idli is a much-relished breakfast dish prepared in most of the Southern states. It is the wholesome combo of ragi with rava that makes the idli healthy and filling.
- MTR Ragi Rava Idli Mix (1 cup)
- Curd (dahi) (1 cup)
- Green chilli-ginger (hari mirch-adrak) paste (1 tsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), finely chopped ( 2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a bowl, combine MTR Ragi Rava Idli mix, green chilli-ginger paste, coriander leaves, curd and salt. The batter should be of dropping consistency and not too runny, if need be, add water to get the right consistency.
- Prepare your idli steamer by greasing the mould with little ghee to avoid the idli sticking to the mould. You can prepare these idlis in microwave-friendly steamer as well.
- Once the steamer is ready, pour a spoonful of batter in each mould, close the lid and steam the idlis. In a microwave, it will take around 5–6 mins while in a gas steamer, it will take approximately 10 mins.
- To check idlis for doneness, insert a toothpick in them. If the toothpick comes out clean, the idli is done.
- With the help of a spoon, remove idlis from the mould. Transfer to a plate and serve MTR Ragi Rava Idli hot with rasam.