In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 10-12 people
Spice Level: Medium
The beauty of oats lies in its quality to absorb flavours from the ingredients added. Hence, to enhance the taste of your oats idlis add vegetables like carrots and a tempering of dals, curry leaves and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- 1295 views
Oats are a classic Western breakfast item and MTR has given this popular grain an Indian twist by incorporating it into idlis, which are ideal for those who are calorie conscious and want to have a hearty but healthy breakfast.
- MTR Oats Idli Mix (2 cups)
- Curd (1 cup)
- Carrots (gajar), grated (1/4 cup)
- Split black lentils (dhuli urad) (1 tsp)
- Split Bengal Gram (chana dal) (1 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta), chopped (2-3)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), finely chopped (1 tbsp)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat and add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add chopped curry leaves, coriander and both the dals. Sauté till they turn light brown in colour.
- In a bowl combine MTR Oats Idli Mix, curd and the tadka
- The batter should be of dropping consistency and not too runny, if required add water to get the right consistency. Mix in the grated carrot.
- Prepare your idli steamer by greasing the mould with little ghee to avoid the idli sticking to the mould. You can prepare these idlis in a microwave friendly steamer as well.
- Once the steamer is ready, pour spoonful of batter in each mould, close the lid and steam the idlis. In a microwave, it will take around 5–6 mins while in a gas steamer, it will take approximately 10 mins.
- To check idlis for doneness, insert a toothpick in them. If the toothpick comes out clean, the idli is done.
- With the help of a spoon, remove idlis from the mould. Transfer to a plate and serve Oats Idli hot with coconut chutney and rasam.