In the node detail page
- Duration: 35 mins
- Serves: 2 people
Kosambari has a crunchy, tangy, sweet taste. For that authentic Kannada flavour, use only coconut oil for tempering.
- 3143 views
A traditional Udupi meal thali always comprises kosambari/koshambari, a salad made of pulses like kadale bele or hesaru bele (split Bengal gram or green gram). It is also offered as a special naivedyam on Ram Navami along with buttermilk and panagam.
- Spilt green gram (moong dal) (1/2 cup)
- Fresh grated coconut (nariyal) (1/2 cup)
- Green chillies (hari mirch) (4)
- Lemon (nimbu) juice (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cilantro leaves (finely chopped) (2 tsp)
- Soak moong dal in water for 30 mins.
- Drain and add the other ingredients.
- Temper the kosambari with the ingredients listed under tempering.
- Freshly made chatpata kosambari is ready to be eaten.