In the node detail page
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Serves: 6-8 people
For a palatable and traditional khus sherbat experience, do not infuse too much khus in the sherbat as it might turn the drink sour and inedible.
- 954 views
Khus sherbat is an aromatic summer drink. A large batch of khus sherbat can be prepared and stored in the fridge. All you need to do is mix it with some water and add ice–cubes before serving. Khus sherbat is a great natural coolant and an energizer.
- Vetiver grass (khus) (50 gm)
- Water (5 cups)
- Sugar (4 cups)
- Firstly, cut the roots of the grass with a kitchen scissor.
- Wash the grass and then chop it with a kitchen scissor into smaller pieces.
- Soak it in water for 12 hrs. Post which, strain the grass through a juice strainer and collect the liquid.
- Add sugar to the extract and stir to combine.
- Keep the khus extract on the stovetop and keep on stirring so that the sugar dissolves.
- Once the solution starts boiling, continue simmering for a few more minutes; the syrup needs to be sticky.
- Filter the hot syrup directly in a clean glass jar.
- Immediately cover tightly with the lid and let it cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, refrigerate the khus syrup.
- Dissolve ¼ or ⅓ part of the khus syrup with water and serve it chilled with ice cubes.