In the node detail page
Khubani Ka Meetha
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Spice Level: Low
Keora water, saffron and cardamom provide this dessert its traditional aroma and sweet taste.
- 1862 views
Khubani ka meetha is a popular dessert from Kashmir as dried apricots are found in plenty in the valley. It is the best recipe to use dried apricots. This dessert has the aroma of saffron, keora water, the sweetness of sugar syrup and the melt-in-the-mouth texture of soaked apricots.
- Dried apricots (khubani) (20)
- Sugar (150 gm)
- Green cardamom (elaichi) (6)
- Saffron (kesar) (a pinch)
- Keora water (extract distilled from the flower of the pandanus plant) (1 tsp)
- Soak the dry apricots overnight in water.
- Next morning, reserve the water in which apricots were soaked and set them aside.
- Prepare a syrup by heating sugar and the reserved water till you get a two to three thread consistency. This will take approximately 6–7 mins.
- Add the soaked apricots to the sugar syrup while it is simmering over low heat.
- Gently pound the cardamom and saffron in a mortar and pestle.
- Add cardamom, saffron and keora water to the simmering syrup. Stir to combine.
- Simmer the syrup for another 10 mins over low heat.
- The delectable and warm khubani ka meetha is ready to be eaten.