In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
For that authentic flavour, follow the precise ingredient measurements while adding spices to the tea.
- 1296 views
A favourite in Kashmiri households, this tea is flavoured with aromatic whole spices and saffron for a very specific reason. From increasing body warmth to relieving headaches, Kahwa is usually served during breakfast.
- Kashmiri Green Tea (1 tsp)
- Water (3 cups)
- Saffron (kesar) (10–12 strands)
- Cinnamon (dalchini) (1/2-inch stick)
- Cloves (laung) (1)
- Green Cardamom (hari elaichi) ( 1)
- Rose petals (gulaab pankhudiya) (1/2 tsp)
- Honey (shehed) (1 tsp optional)
- Heat water in a tea pan over medium heat.
- Add saffron strands, cinnamon, cloves, rose petals and cardamom to it and let it simmer for 5 mins over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and add green tea to the water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the tea steep for a minute.
- Strain the kahwa in serving cups.
- Add honey if required and serve the kahwa warm.