- 1209 views
- What is Cinnamon?
- Cinnamon is a popular spice, obtained from the branch of a wild tree from the genus ‘Cinnamomum’
- True cinnamon is indigenous to Sri Lanka. For a good 200 years, it was only controlled by the Portuguese, the Dutch and the English. It later spread to the rest of the world, thus breaking its monopoly
- Look and Taste
- Cinnamon looks like a peeled piece from the bark of tree.The taste is subtly sweet,fragrant with hints of clove and citrus.
- Ways To Use It In Cooking
- Cinnamon’s subtle flavour very well blends with any form of dessert, spice breads and cakes. It also combines well with almonds, chocolates, cardamom, bananas and apricots. It also widely used in the making of masalas and chutneys
- Health Benefits
- Cinnamon has abundant health benefits. It is high in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps lower blood sugar levels and has a powerful anti-diabetic properties.