In the node detail page
Sukhdi (Gud Papdi)
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: As many as you like people
Spice Level: Zero
As fresh cream is perishable, store the sweet in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It can last till about a fortnight.
- 1540 views
Sukhdi, a sweet made from wheat flour, jaggery and ghee, is savoured at weddings or on even consumed during holidays. It is especially known to be a winter sweet.
- Wheat flour (atta) (3 cups)
- Fresh cream (1 cup)
- Jaggery (gur) (5 tbsp)
- Desi Ghee (Jaggery (gur) )
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and roast the atta in it till it turns brown. Keep the roasted atta aside till it cools down a little bit.
- Now, add jaggary and cream to it. Mix all the contents properly.
- Cook the mixture on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Pour this into a thali and after it cools down, cut it into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container and serve as and when required.