In the node detail page
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
Spice Level: Low
Chaas is always light in consistency and taste. Make sure to use only fresh set curd, and add a zing to the flavour by whipping it well with the pudina paste.
- 655 views
In Gujarat, chaas a mildly spiced yoghurt beverage, is consumed with every meal and as a relief from the heat of hot and humid summers. During Navratri fasts especially, a glass of pudina chaas, keeps one hydrated and satiated at all times! Since milk and milk products can be consumed all through the day even if you are on the strict Phalahaar diet, this beverage is a boon.
- Curd (dahi) (1 cup)
- Chilled water (1 1/2 cup)
- Mint leaves (pudina) (2 tbsp)
- Green chilli (hari mirch) (1 whole)
- Roasted cumin powder (jeera) (1/2 tsp)
- Black salt (kala namak) (1/2 tsp)
- In a blender, add mint leaves and green chilli along with 1/2 cup of water and blend to a very fine paste.
- Add in the curd, MTR Kali Mirch/Black Pepper Powder, black salt, cumin powder and salt. Blend the mixture again for a minute using the whipper button on your blender.
- Time to pour in the chilled water and whip again until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Immediately pour the mixture into tall glasses and serve chilled.