In the node detail page
Pad Wali Rotli
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2–4 people
Liberal use of desi ghee is not a bad idea as this keeps the roti soft and also acts as a preservative.
- 2212 views
Pad wali rotli is a popular Gujarati atta roti that is a hot favourite with travellers. The desi ghee in the roti keeps it soft and preserves it for a longer time.
- Wheat flour (atta) (1 cup)
- Salt to taste (1tbsp)
- Oil (as required)
- In a paraat, add atta, oil and salt to taste.
- Mix well and knead it into soft dough using water.
- Divide the dough into equal lemon-sized sized balls and keep aside.
- Take two balls and roll them into small-poori sized discs.
- Apply some melted ghee on one side of the roti and place the other disc over the first disc, and flatten.
- Dust off excess flour and heat it on a hot tawa until cooked and puffed on both sides.
- Serve hot or store.