In the node detail page
Onion Cucumber Raita (Pyaaz Kheera Raita)
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Spice Level: Low
It is best to use baby cucumbers for this dish. But in case you have mature kheera in your kitchen, all you need to do is to slice them vertically and de-seed them. Though some people prefer to grate the kheera, the authentic recipe asks for finely-cut, cubed kheera.
- 3100 views
The simple Pyaz-Kheera Raita is a century-old lunch and dinner dish, popular both in the summer and winter months. It goes best with all kinds of rice preparations, as also with poories in Uttar Pradesh.
- Curd (dahi), beaten (3 cups)
- Cucumber (kheera), de-seeded and finely chopped (1 cup)
- Onion, finely cut (½ cup)
- Green chillies (hari mirch), finely chopped (1)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania) (for garnish)
- Salt (to taste )
- Roasted cumin (jeera) powder (½ tsp)
- Kala namak (½ tsp)
- Pepper (kali mirch) (¼ tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Chilli Powder (a pinch)
- In a deep bowl, beat the curd with a fork till it turns smooth.
- Add in all the ingredients and mix well.
- Garnish with hara dhania and serve chilled.