In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
If the dal is too thick, add boiled water to it and bring it to a boil again.
- 779 views
Lachko is a feel-good dish which usually features in traditional Gujarati menu. This sweet and thick yellow dal is generally served with rice and ghee.
- Pigeon pea (arhar dal) (1 cup)
- Clarified butter (ghee) (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Jaggery (gud), grated (1 tbsp)
- Salt (To taste)
- Wash the dal and pressure cook it with one and a half cup of water through three whistles. Keep aside when cooked.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add jeera. As it crackles, add the dal, MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, gud, and salt and mix well.
- Let it simmer on medium heat for 8-10 mins or till the dal begins to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.
Maintained by: @The Digital Street