In the node detail page
Khaste Mathura Aloo
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
- 4525 views
Have you tried this street food version of aloo yet? Khaste Mathura aloo is a traditional recipe which is a hot sell on the Mathura’s streets. It is easy to prepare and tastes good with poori or as a side dish.
- Potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed (4-6)
- Green chilies, finely chopped (3)
- Dry ginger powder (saunth) (1/2 tbsp)
- Raw mango powder (Amchur) (1 tbsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (1/2 tsp)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- Salt (To taste )
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add jeera and hing to it.
- When jeera starts to pop, add MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, saunth, amchur, sugar, MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder and salt.
- Quickly add potatoes and green chillies and mix well so as to coat the aloo with the spices.
- Stir-fry till the aloo turns brown.
- Serve hot with Indian pooris and raita.
Maintained by: @The Digital Street