In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Make sure the dough is stiff, also keep it covered for 15 minutes.
- 1919 views
Kathi Goja is a teatime snack that can be stored for a long time. It is the Bengali version of the north Indian Sakkar Para. It is a must for Vijaya Dashami.
- Refined wheat flour (maida) (1 cup)
- Cooking oil (2 tbsp)
- Baking powder (1/2 tsp)
- Oil ( for frying)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- In a paraat, mix baking powder with maida. Add oil and mix well.
- With water, knead stiff dough and let it rest under cover for about 10-15 mins.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts.
- Roll out each part into a thick roti of about ¼-inch thickness.
- With a knife, cut the roti into thin strips, a quarter inch broad and 1½ inch long.
- In a kadhai, heat enough oil for frying the gojas.
- Fry in batches on low heat till they turn light brown.
- To make syrup, boil 1 cup sugar in1 cup water till the syrup reaches one-string consistency.
- Add the fried gojas to the syrup.
- Remove from heat and mix well so that the gojas are sugar coated and dry.
- Let them cool before serving.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street