In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Zero
Be very careful while adding gur into the atta. It can become brittle. So, always turn off the flame before adding the gur.
- 2320 views
Sweet tooth alert, right here. Golpapdi is a wheat-flour based sweet dish prepared during auspicious occasions. This dish is also called Sukhadi in some parts of Gujarat.
- Whole wheat flour (atta) (1 cup)
- Jaggery (gur), crushed into small pieces (1/2 cup)
- Butter (1/2 cup)
- Almond (badam), slivered (1 tbsp)
- Green cardamom (elaichi), powdered (1 tsp)
- Coconut, grated (1 tbsp)
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add atta and cardamom powder in it. Stir consistently till the atta turns golden brown.
- Turn off the flame and after a minute, add the gur and coconut and mix well. The gur will melt quickly in the heat.
- As soon as the gur melts while the mixture is still warm, pour it into a greased thali or paraat. Spread evenly with an inch thickness.
- Sprinkle almonds over this mixture and cut into diamond/square shapes while the atta is still warm.
- Allow it to sit until it cools down. Once cool, Golpapdi is ready to serve.
- Store in airtight containers.