In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Low
- 1000 views
Fajeto, famous as the Gujarati ‘ras-puri’, is a mango-flavoured recipe, cooked with curd, besan, and spices. The mango season in Gujarati homes means mangoes for lunch, breakfast, and dinner. Isn’t that just amazing?
- Mango pulp (1 cup)
- Buttermilk (1/2 cup)
- Gram flour (besan) (1 tbsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Salt (As per taste)
- Desi ghee (1 tbsp)
- Mustard (sarson) (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1/2 tsp)
- Dry red chilli (sabut lal mirch) (1)
- Green chilli (1)
- Clove (laung) (2)
- Cinnamon (dalchini) (1 inch piece)
- Dry ginger powder (saunth) (1/2 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta) (8 to 10)
- Ginger, grated (1 inch piece)
- In a bowl, add mango pulp, butter milk, besan, MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder, sugar, and salt. Mix it well. Make sure there are no lumps. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add jeera and sarson to it. As soon as they splutter, add kadipatta, sabut lal mirch, green chillies, laung, dalchini, saunth, and grated ginger. Sauté for 10 secs after mixing them well.
- Transfer the pulp mixture into the kadhai while consistently stirring it till it comes to boil.
- Once the fajeta comes to a boil, reduce the flame and cook it for 2-3 mins, stirring well.
- Serve hot with poori or rice.
Maintained by: @The Digital Street