In the node detail page
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Make sure that the batter is blended well so that there are no lumps.
- 1399 views
Fafda Chutney is a delicious dip served with Gujarati snacks like gathiya and bhajias. Unlike other chutney recipes, this one uses gram flour as itscore ingredient and involves sautéing. This sweet-and-salty dip has some crunch to it and is usually served during tea-time in the morning. During Dussehra season, Gujarais love to eat piping hot jalebis dipped in this crunchy Fafda Chutney.
- Chickpea flour (besan) (1 cup)
- Sour curd (khattadahi) (½ cup)
- Black salt (kala namak) (½ tsp)
- Green chillies, chopped (2 to 4)
- Ginger (adrak) (1 tsp)
- Coriander leaves (haradhania), chopped (2 tbsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Oil (For cooking)
- Salt (To Taste)
- In a bowl, blend the besan with two cups of water and half a cup of curd into a smooth consistency.
- Then, make a fine paste of ginger, green chillies and hara dhania in a grinder and set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds once the oil is hot. Add once the seeds have crackled.
- Add the besan mixture to the tempering along with the black salt and sugar. Bring this to a boil.
- As soon as it starts boiling, cook it on a low flame for five minutes, while stirring it frequently.
- Take it off the stove and add the ginger-chilli-coriander paste. Fresh Fafda Chutney is now ready to be served.