In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people people
Spice Level: Zero
Grate the bottle gourd (lauki) using the medium-holed grater to get the best texture and juiciness.
- 1482 views
Dudhi Halwa is a quick and easy-to-make, traditional Gujarati dessert. It is an essential part of the famous Gujarati Thali.
- Bottle gourd (lauki), grated (2 cups)
- Desi ghee (5 tbsp)
- Khoya (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Cardamom powder (elaichi powder) (1 tsp)
- Almonds (badaam), slivered (1 tbsp)
- Cashew nuts (kaju), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Wash, peel and grate the bottle gourd (lauki).
- Take 2 tbsp ghee in a pan and stir-fry the grated bottle gourd in it on a slow flame. Continue the process till the ghee separates out from the edges.
- Then, add milk and sugar into it and stir the contents well for five minutes.
- Now, add mawa and 1 tbsp ghee in it and again stir slowly for five minutes.
- This is when you add elaichi powder, almonds and cashew nuts to the mixture and stir well.
- Remove the pan from the flame.
- The Dudhi Halwa is ready to be served.
Maintained by: @The Digital Street