In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes + plus preparation
- Serves: 2–4 people
This Gujarati version of kheer is devoured with poories during the festival of lights, Diwali.
- Full cream milk (3 cup)
- Basmati rice (2 tbsp)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Desi ghee (1 tbsp)
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) (1 tsp)
- Almond, slivered (badam) (4–8)
- Nutmeg powder (jaiphal) (1 tsp)
- Wash and soak rice for 1 hour. Drain water and keep aside.
- Heat milk in a kadhai on a low flame.
- Add rice to it. Stir continuously.
- When the rice is cooked and the milk has thickened, add sugar, elaichi powder and badam and stir continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the jaiphal powder and stir.
- After it cools, refrigerate and serve chilled with poories.
Maintained by: @The Digital Street