In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Low
Make sure to stir the milk frequently so that it doesn’t burn. This dish is best enjoyed when served chilled.
- 4402 views
A must-have during the SharadPoornima Festival, Doodh Pohais semi-thick mithai that the Gujaratis love cooking and relishing during the season.
- Milk (2 cups)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Flat rice flakes (poha) (1 cup)
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) (1 tsp)
- Boil milk in a pan on low heat. Then, add sugar to it, stirring it continuously till it’s completely dissolved.
- Let the milk simmer for a bit on a low flame. Wash the rice flakes, drain and add to the milk.
- Take off the stove and set aside to cool. Once cooled, stir in the elaichi powder and allow the Doodh Poha to set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Serve chilled.