In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 5 to 6 people
Spice Level: Low
For the fluffiest of Chorafali Fafdas, make sure that the dough is well kneaded. Avoid cooking them on a high flame, as they tend to burn easily.
- 2836 views
Chorafali or Chorafali Fafda is a popular Diwali or Dussehra snack. This gluten-free crispy vegan snack is also perfect for tea-time.
- Chickpea flour (besan) (2 cups)
- Black gram (urad dal) flour (3/4 cup)
- Rice flour (1 tbsp)
- Baking soda (a pinch)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black salt (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Warm water (1 cup)
- Oil (for frying)
- Start by mixing the chickpea and black gram flourin a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, baking soda and oil to this and blend well.
- Add water and knead it to a medium consistency. Add 1 tsp of oil to this and knead again.
- Divide the dough into round medium-sized rolls. Give them a twirl in the rice flour, and roll each one out into a thin roti.
- Then, cut them into long strips.
- Heat some oil in a pan on a medium flame and fry the strips. Set aside to cool on a kitchen paper towel.
- Sprinkle some black salt and the MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder and serve with freshly made mint (pudina) chutney.