In the node detail page
Bhinda-Tameta Nu Shaak
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
To ensure the best results, remember to use only fresh bhindis. Also, always prepare this dish as close to serving time as possible, or else it will turn soggy and unappetising.
- 2837 views
Bhinda-Tameta Nu Shaak is a quick-to-make, simple and delicious Gujarati vegetable dish. It is loved for its heady flavours, brought on by a dash of spices in it.
- Ladies finger (bhindi), chopped into small pieces (2 cups)
- Tomato, finely chopped (1 cup)
- Oil (as per requirement)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Garlic (lehsun) paste (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a kadhai, heat oil on a high flame and fry the bhindi in it.
- In another pan, heat 3 tsp of oil and then toss in the jeera. As it begins to crackle, add in the hing, MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, fried bhindi and garlic paste. Keep stirring well for a few seconds.
- Next, add in some salt, the chopped tomatoes, MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder and jeera . Stir well.
- Keep cooking for 5-6 mins on a low flame, while stirring intermittently.
- Serve with rice or roti.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street