In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
Dhokla will already have some salt in it, so use caution in adding salt to amiri khaman
- 1745 views
Those who savour spicy food are sure to relish this dish. Amiri khaman is a spicy tea time snack made from crumbled dhoklas. Traditionally, this Gujarati dish is made from dals that is steamed and crumbled.
- Khaman dhokla (2 cups)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (2 tsp)
- Garlic, chopped (1 tsp)
- Green chillies, chopped (a pinch)
- Asafoetida (hing) (1 tsp)
- Sugar, powdered (2 tbsp)
- Pomegranate seeds (anardana) (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania) (3 tbsp)
- In a bowl, add crumble khaman dhoklas gently.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sarson. As soon as it starts crackling, add lassan and hing. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the crumbled dhoklas. Mix well.
- Add sugar, anardana, hara dhania and coconut and mix well yet again.
- Just before serving, add the sev.