In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Zero
If the sugar syrup and flour mixture becomes hard, add warm milk to soften it.
- 901 views
Adadiya is a famous winter sweet from the Katchch region of Gujarat. It is famous for its warm properties which used to help the Kahtiawadi community during the cold winter months.
- Split black gram flour (urad dal) (2 cups)
- Desi ghee (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Edible gum (gond) (1 tbsp)
- Milk (1 cup)
- Almonds (badaam), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Cashew nuts (kaju), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add this and milk to the flour.
- Mix well and keep the flour aside for an hour.
- Sieve the flour in a paraat.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai on medium flame and roast the flour in it till it turns brown.
- Keep aside and add gond to it, mix well.
- In another vessel, take sugar and water and bring them to a boil on slow flame till you see two threads forming between your fingers.
- When the flour cools down, add the sugar syrup to it and mix appropriately.
- Put in the badaam and kaju and then, mix the contents well.
- Now, pour this mixture into a thali and shape it into a 2-inch thick round disc. Cover and keep it aside for at least two hours for it to take proper shape.
- Then, cut into small diamond shaped pieces and serve.
- You can store it for 15-20 days in an airtight container.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street