In the node detail page
Aam ka Chunda
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 45 people
Make sure to use sour & raw mangoes without a yellow pulp as they have longer shelf life.
- 4293 views
A summer cooler, aam ka chunda is a classic Gujarati sweet & sour preserve made of raw mangoes. In rural Gujarat farmers often have theplas and mango chunda for breakfast.
- Raw mango, grated (1 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 cup)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- Roasted cumin seeds (bhuna jeera), crushed (1 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Combine grated mangoes, salt and MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar little by little (2 tablespoons at a time) to the mango mixture and stir continuously using a spoon or a whisk till sugar has nearly dissolved. The entire process will take about 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan, add in the mango and sugar mixture and stir over a low flame till the sugar has dissolved completely and small bubbles appear on the surface of the mixture (approx. 3 to 4 minutes).
- Remove from the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Add MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder and cumin seeds and store in a sterilised glass jar.