In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2-3 people
Spice Level: Medium
Traditionally, vermicelli upma is not supposed to be mushy in texture. The trick to get this upma right with its signature texture is to lightly brown the vermicelli in ghee on medium to high heat, until it is a light gold colour. This step is important to stop the vermicelli clumping together.
- 3411 views
There are several varieties of upma ranging from sooji, seviyan to rice rawa. Vermicelli Upma is one of the easiest breakfast or tiffin dishes that can be whipped up in no time and MTR is a pioneer in making the best-quality vermicelli.
- MTR Vermicelli Upma Mix (1 cup)
- Boiling water (2 cups)
- Green peas (matar) (1/4 cup)
- Onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- Green chillies (hari mirch), finely chopped (2 tsp)
- Tomatoes, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- Ginger (adrak), grated (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Split black lentils (dhuli urad) (1 tsp)
- Split Bengal gram (chana dal) (1 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta), chopped (2–3)
- Cashews (kajoo), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Clarified butter (ghee) (2 tbsp)
- Coriander (hara dhaniya), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds, split black lentils, split Bengal gram, curry leaves and cashew nuts and cook for a minute until the lentils become golden brown.
- Next, add onions, ginger, green chillies, green peas, tomatoes and MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and sauté for 2–3 mins.
- Now stir in the MTR Vermicelli Upma Mix and sauté for another minute.
- Add boiling water and mix well to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cover and cook for 4–5 mins or until all the moisture is absorbed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm with any chutney of your choice.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street