In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2–4 people
Use only dry coconut as it has longer shelf life, compared to fresh coconut.
- 3882 views
Vepudu karam is a simple but aromatic spice powder used for many curry recipes like bottle gourd fry, carrot fry, bhindi fry, dondakaya vepudu, and others.
- Dry coconut powder (1 tbsp)
- White sesame seeds (safed til) (1 tbsp)
- Split Bengal gram (chana dal) (1 tbsp)
- Split black gram Urad dal (1 tbsp)
- Fenugreek seeds (methi) (a pinch)
- Broken red chillies (lal mirch) (2–4)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Garlic cloves (1–2)
- In a kadhai, one after the other, dry roast all ingredients except garlic, till they are aromatic. Set aside to cool.
- Add salt and garlic along with the roasted ingredients to a mixer and powder finely.
- Store it in an airtight glass jar and refrigerate for retaining the aroma.
Maintained by: @The Digital Street