In the node detail page
Vendakkai Mor Kulambu (Yogurt Curry)
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Medium
- 10609 views
Vendakkai Mor Kulambu or buttermilk curry is a traditional savoury dish made in Tamil Nadu. It is usually served with rice and some spicy side dish. You can make mor kulambu without the addition of okra too. Vendakkai Mor Kulambu is a simple yet delicious dish perfect for a hot summer day.
- Rice (1 tsp)
- Toor dal (1 tsp)
- Ginger (adrak), finely chopped (1 inch)
- Green chillies, chopped (2-4)
- Coriander leaves (harad hania) (1 strand)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1/2 tsp)
- Coconut, grated (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Curd (1 cup)
- Lime juice (1 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta) (8-10)
- Dry red chillies (sabut lal mirch) (2)
- Tomato, chopped (1/2)
- Okra (bhindi), chopped (8-10)
- Oil (For tempering)
- Salt (To taste)
• In a bowl, mix rice, toor dal, adrak, green chillies, hara dhania, jeera, grated coconut and the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder. Mix well.
• Add curd to this and grind into smooth mixture.
• Next, heat some oil in a kadhai. Add sarson, kadi patta and dry red chillies. Sauté for a minute.
• Now, add the chopped tomato. Fry for 2 mins.
• Then, add bhindi and fry it for 3 to 4 mins and let it cook.
• Once the bhindi is cooked, add the curd mixture and salt as required. Cook it on a low flame.
• Take the kadhai off the stove before the curry reaches a boiling point. This prevents the yogurt from curdling.
• Serve it with rice, spicy veggies and achaar.