In the node detail page
Vankaya Kothimeera Vepudu (Brinjal fresh coriander stir-fry)
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2–4 people
The key is to serve this dish hot off the stove when the brinjals are still warm. Chose tender brinjals, and make sure they are not of the bitter variety.
- 1292 views
Vankaya Kothimeera Vepudu is a special, very flavourful greenish-looking Andhra sabzi that draws its main flavour from the hara dhania. It tastes good with hot rice & ghee.
- Brinjals purple, vertically sliced (2 cups)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- For Seasoning - Mustard seeds (sarson) (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Asafoetida pinch (hing)
- Curry leaves (10-12)
- For Paste - Coriander leaves (1/2 cup)
- Green chillies (4–6)
- Ginger (1)
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel. Add mustard seeds and let them pop. Next, add jeera, kadipatta and hing and toss about for 8–10 secs.
- Add brinjal slices and combine well with seasoning. Add salt and MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and cook for 3–4 mins on high heat, stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat and cover with a lid, let the brinjals simmer for 10–12 mins. Stir in between.
- Once the brinjals are almost cooked, add the ground paste and adjust salt. Combine well and cook uncovered on low heat for another 10–12 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot rice.