In the node detail page
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Whisk dahi well to ensure there are no lumps. Or else, run through a blender to ensure a smooth texture.
- 2819 views
This is a Maharashtrian-style breakfast porridge. Traditionally, it is made with rice flour and buttermilk.
- Curd (dahi) (1 cup)
- Rice flour (1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1/2 tsp)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- Ginger (adrak), grated (1 tsp)
- Green chillies, chopped (1 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadi patta) (4 to 5)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania) (for garnish)
- Water (1 cup)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- To 1 1/2 cup water, add 1/4 cup curd, and whisk.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add sarson, jeera and hing to it.
- As the sarson crackles, add ginger, green chillies, kadi patta and MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the dahi and stir.
- Next, add in salt and sugar as per taste, mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring consistently.
- Add rice flour, mix well, cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped hara dhania.
- Serve hot with a splash of ghee.
Maintained by: @The Digital Street