In the node detail page
- Duration: 15 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Zero
For a lovely enhancement in the flavours of the dish, you could add in coconut, groundnuts, kaju, and almonds in powdered form.
- 1019 views
Til Chikki is one of the easiest food items to prepare. Its nutritional value is high because of all the sesame seeds and jaggery, both of which are good sources of iron and other minerals.
- Sesame seeds (til) (½ cup)
- Jaggery (gud) (½ cup)
- Ghee (2 tsp)
- Heat a kadhai and dry-roast the sesame seeds in it on a medium flame till they have turned pinkish in colour. Take off the flame and keep aside in a paraat (big, flat plate with shallow edges).
- Heat the ghee in the same kadhai and add the jaggery. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Then, add in the roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- Once the mixture is ready, transfer it onto the greased back of an overturned thali.
- Roll out the mixture like you would a chappati and then using a knife, cut it into squares of preferred size.
- Let it cool and then store in an air-tight container.