In the node detail page
Tentul Er Shorbot
- Serves: people
Traditionally aged tamarind that has a dark brownish black hue is used to make this drink. Many use rock candy sugar instead of refined sugar for that authentic taste of sherbat. Since each variety of tamarind has different level of sourness, adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- 819 views
Tamarind is a great summer cooler and as per Ayurveda, it has antimicrobial properties which help with digestion.
- Water (4 cups)
- Sugar (1/3 cup)
- Tamarind (imli) (2 tbsp)
- Black salt (kala namak) ( 1/2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tbsp roasted and powdered)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1/4 tsp)
- Dry chili (sookhi lal mirch) (1)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- In a large bowl, soak tamarind along with water and sugar.
- Cover and let the sugar dissolve.
- Squeeze the tamarind pulp and strain the water.
- Heat oil for tadka in a kadhai, add mustard seeds and dry chilli, let them splutter.
- Pour in the tamarind water, bring to a low boil and let the mixture simmer for just a minute.
- Now add in black salt and roasted cumin powder.
- Serve chilled in a tall glass.