In the node detail page
Tamatar Dhania Ka Shorba
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
You could use some besan in the mix in case you like your shorba thicker than usual.
- 2139 views
Shorbas used to be popular appetising drinks during the era of princes and maharajas. Tamatar Dhania Ka Shorba is a popular Punjabi version of the better-known tomato soup.
- Tomato, roughly chopped (2 cups)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta) (3 to 4)
- Gram flour (besan) (1 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tbsp)
- Black mustard seeds (sarson) (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste )
- Sugar (2 tsp)
- Lemon juice (2 tsp)
- Ghee (1 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Boil 2 cups of water in a kadhai and add the chopped tomatoes to it. Keep cooking for 5 minutes. Do not strain the mixture.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the besan in a cup of water.
- Now, add the curry leaves and the MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder into the tomato mixture. Blend it in a mixer-grinder to get a smooth paste or purée.
- Transfer this smooth paste into a kadhai and bring to a boil.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, add in the besan mixture along with some sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients and keep heating on a low flame for about 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat ghee in a small pan and toss in the sarson and jeera. As they start to crackle, quickly pour the tempering onto the shorba. Mix well.
- Garnish it with hara dhania and serve hot.