In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
Spice Level: Low
The sabudana should be soaked for at least 6-7 hours before preparing the dish. Soak it in enough water to cover the sabudana. Avoid adding more water than required or else, you will end up with a mushy khichdi.
- 1943 views
Sabudana Khichdi is prepared mostly for Ekadashi or Sankashti Chaturthi when most Maharashtrians fast.
- Sago (sabudana), soaked for 6 to 7 hours (1 cup)
- Green chillies (2-3)
- Roasted peanuts (shengdana) (1 cup)
- Cumin seeds (jeera), crushed (1 tsp)
- Potato, peeled and cubed (1)
- Oil (For cooking)
- Salt (To taste)
- Wash and rinse the sabudana in water and soak for 6 to 7 hours.
- Roast the shengdana in a kadhai and grind into powder once cool.
- In a pan, boil some water and add the chopped potato till it turns soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Now, heat some oil in a kadhai. Add the kadipatta, crushed jeera and green chillies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the boiled potatoes and stir till they turn golden brown.
- Now, add the sabudana and mix well.
- Add salt, close with a lid and let it cook on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Sabudana khichdi is ready to be served.