In the node detail page
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
You have the choice of substituting and/or reducing or increasing the quantity of the stuffing ingredients as per your preference. In case you do not have papadi available for the stuffing, then you can use the kachoris which did not rise while frying instead. Just break them into small pieces and put them inside the kachori. You can also use boiled peas or moong dal, instead of chana.
- 2645 views
Raj Kachori is a delicious chaat item from Rajasthan. The interesting fact here is that though the name says ‘kachori’, there is no real kachori involved in the recipe. It is in fact filled with dal, dahi and a variety of meethi chutneys, and just happens to be crisp from the outside.
- Refined wheat flour (maida) (1 cup)
- Semolina (rava/sooji) (¼ cup)
- Baking soda (a pinch)
- Potato, boiled and finely chopped (½ cup)
- Green gram (moong dal) sprouts, boiled (½ cup)
- Black chickpeas (kala chana), boiled (½ cup)
- Boondi (¼ cup)
- Dahi wada (1 cup)
- Papadi (½ cup)
- Curd (dahi), beaten (1 cup)
- Sweet tamarind (imli) chutney (3 tbsp)
- Coriander (hara dhania) chutney (2 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Chaat masala (½ tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (¼ tsp)
- Black salt (kala namak) (a pinch )
- Sev, fine (2 tsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), finely chopped (1 tbsp)
- In a paraat (big, flat plate with shallow edges), mix the sooji and the maida together well. Then, add in the baking soda and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover and set aside for an hour.
- Divide the dough into lemon-sized balls. Flatten each ball with a rolling pin and then roll them out into small pooris.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Then, gently slide the pooris into the oil. Deep-fry to get crisp brown kachoris.
- For the filling: In a bowl, mix together the boiled potatoes, moong sprouts, kala channa, boondi, dahi wada/papadi. Keep aside.
- Place a poori on your palm and make a light depression at its centre. Then, place 1 portion of the filling in it.
- Now, top the filling with a little curd, sweet tamarind chutney, hara dhania chutney, salt, chaat masala, the MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder and black salt.
- Finally, top up with sev and garnish with hara dhania.