In the node detail page
- Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Spice Level: Medium
You can get the traditional taste and texture by adding a tablespoon of soaked chana dal to the ground batter.
- 771 views
Paruppu vadai is a traditional dish offered as ‘naivedyam’ on festive days. Tamil Brahmins prepare this dish without onion and garlic and it is a ‘must-have’ dish in their weddings.
- Bengal gram (chana dal) (1 cup)
- Pigeon peas (arhar dal) (1/4 cup)
- Dry red chillies (sukhi lal mirch) (5)
- Curry leaves (kadi patta) (10–15)
- Asafoetida (hing) (pinch)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (for frying)
- Soak the dals for an hour, drain and grind them along with other ingredients to a coarse batter.
- Grease foil/banana leaf with oil.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai.
- Shape round or cylindrical vadais.
- Now, fry them till golden brown.
- Serve the fritters hot and crispy along with some chutney on the side.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street