In the node detail page
Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
You have the option of using wheat flour instead of maida to make the wraps healthier. Also, remember to always use a non-stick pan to cook the paneer. And, take care to not cook the roti too well or it will become rather crisp and thus ill-fit for comfortable wrapping.
- 3087 views
Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll is Punjab’s dhaba-special dish. Made by marinating paneer pieces in dahi and spices, and then sautéing and wrapping them in a roti, it has made it to the record books for being the fastest selling dish on the menu.
- Cottage cheese (paneer), cubed (1 cup)
- Capsicum (Shimla mirch), diced (¼ cup)
- Tomato, diced (¼ cup)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Curd (dahi), whisked (½ cup)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (½ tsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (½ tsp)
- Gram flour (besan) (1 tsp)
- Kasuri methi (½ tsp)
- Chaat masala (½ tsp)
- MTR Garam Masala Powder (½ tsp)
- Milk (½ cup)
- Refined wheat flour (maida) (1 cup)
- In a paraat (big, flat plate with shallow edges), add the maida, milk and salt. Knead them into a soft dough and then keep aside.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and using a rolling pin, flatten them out into thin rotis for the wrap.
- On a tava, cook the rotis on both sides and then keep aside. Take care to not cook the rotis completely.
- In a bowl, mix up all the marination ingredients and mix well. Then, add in the paneer cubes and mix again. Let the paneer marinate in the spices for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the capsicum for 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add in the marinated paneer and keep sautéing for about 5 minutes on a medium flame. Keep stirring intermittently.
- Next, add in the tomatoes and keep sautéing for another minute. Once done, remove from the flame.
MAKE A ROLL:
- Take a roti and spread some of the green chutney at its centre.
- Then, evenly place a spoon-full of the paneer stuffing on top of the chutney.
- Next, sprinkle on some thinly-sliced onions and some chaat masala.
- Now, carefully fold the roti in a way that no stuffing spills out.
- Heat the roll on a tava for a few seconds. Then, cut it diagonally starting from the centre, to get 2 pieces.
- Serve with green chutney.
Wash and chop up the coriander and mint leaves along with 1 green chili. In a mixer-grinder, work them all up along with half-a-cup of hung curd and some salt.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street