In the node detail page
Nimbu Ki Shikanji
- Serves: people
Indian spices like cumin seeds and black salt give this drink its authentic flavour, and what better way to include them than MTR Chaat Masala, which contains not just these but even mint and coriander.
- 672 views
Nimbu ki shikanji is the traditional summer drink of North India. Nimbu means lemon in Hindi and this drink is the Indian household name for lemonade. It is considered the most economical and effective coolant that helps prevent heat strokes. It is also a popular roadside drink.
- Lemons (nimbu) (2)
- MTR Chaat Masala (2 tsp)
- Water (4 cups)
- Sugar (4 tsp)
- Mint leaves (pudina) (10)
- Squeeze the lemons in a large bowl.
- Add water, MTR Chaat Masala, salt and sugar to it. Stir until the sugar melts.
- Garnish with roughly torn mint leaves and refrigerate for half-an-hour before serving.
- Chilled and appetising nimbu ki shikanji is ready to be served!
Notes: 1. Add water according to the quantity of lemon juice extracted. 2. The quantity may differ depending upon the size of the lemon used. 3. Adjust sugar according to taste.