In the node detail page
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2 people
Kesar is a must for this drink as any other flavouring agent can alter the signature taste.
- 4965 views
This is a regal Jodhpuri speciality different from the Punjabi lassi. A variety of ingredients are used in this lassi, including kesar, elaichi, cream, nuts and butter. Yummylicious, isn’t it!
- Hot milk (1 cup)
- Saffron strands (kesar) (1 tsp)
- Curd (dahi) (2 cup)
- Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) (1 tbsp)
- Cashews, almonds, raisins, chopped (2 tbsp)
- Fresh cream (1/4 cup)
- Butter, unsalted (1 tbsp)
- Soak kesar in 1 tbsp hot milk and set aside for 15–20 mins.
- Blend dahi with sugar and elaichi.
- Add kesar milk and remaining milk to it and blend again to get a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine nuts with cream and mix well.
- Pour the lassi-mix into a tall glasses.
- Top up the glasses with the cream-nuts mix and add a spoonful of butter onto the side of the glass.
- Savour on a summer afternoon.