In the node detail page
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Serves: 3 people
For authentic majjiga, always use fresh curd and mix it in equal parts of water to make thick buttermilk (chikkati majjiga). For a thinner majjiga, add 3 parts of water to one portion of curd and use a hand churner to whip the mixture.
- 982 views
Majjiga is an integral part of Andhra cuisine and no meal is complete without it. It is normally consumed towards the end of a meal as it has the ability to enhance digestion.
- Buttermilk (chaas) (4 cups (3 parts water and 1 part curd))
- Ginger (adrak), grated (1 tsp)
- Green chillies, finely chopped (1 tsp)
- Lemon juice (nimbu ka ras) (2 tbsp)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), finely chopped (2 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1/4 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta) (1 tsp finely shredded)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Mix buttermilk, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt. Now using a churner/whisk (math) blend the mixture until frothy.
- Heat oil for tadka, add mustard seeds and curry leaves, let them splutter.
- Now, pour this tadka over the buttermilk and serve chilled.