In the node detail page
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2–4 people
While grinding, avoid adding water as water will dilute the chutney and alter its taste.
- 5040 views
This deliciously spicy chutney is an integral part of the traditional Rajasthani kitchen. While it's served with a lot of dishes, the signature state dish Dal Baati Churma is incomplete without this chutney.
- Red chillies (8–10)
- Garlic cloves (10–12)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) powder (1 tsp)
- Lemon (2 tbsp)
- Salt ( to taste)
- Soak red chillies for an hour in half a cup of water. Once thoroughly soaked, deseed and keep aside.
- In a blender, grind garlic cloves and red chillies into a fine paste.
- Add lemon juice, salt and jeera powder and blend again.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy with Dal Baati Churma or your favourite snack.