In the node detail page
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
Spice Level: Medium
To experience this Punjabi special in all its authenticity, grate the bottle gourd just before making the kebabs.
- 3618 views
This healthy green veggie, bottle gourd (lauki), is a common part of many dishes in every Punjabi household. It is not only delicious but is also believed to reduce high blood pressure and keep us hydrated.
- Oil (2 cups) (for frying)
- Gram flour (besan) (1 cup)
- Bottle gourd (lauki), peeled and grated ( 1)
- Carrot (gajar), grated (1)
- Onion (1) (finely chopped)
- Coriander (dhaniya), chopped (3 tbsp)
- Ginger (adrak), grated (1” piece)
- MTR Garam Masala (1/4 tsp)
- MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder ( 1/8 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder (1/2 tsp)
- MTR Chaat Masala (1/4 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Squeeze the grated bottle gourd to remove the extra water.
- In a large bowl, add all vegetables along with MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder, MTR Lal Mirch/Red Chilli Powder, MTR Garam Masala, MTR Chaat Masala and mix well to make a stiff dough.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a nice cylindrical/oblong patty.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Deep fry each patty till it is uniformly browned on all sides.
- Drain it on an absorbent paper.
- The melt-in-your-mouth lauki kebabs are ready to be served hot with green chutney.
What are you craving for?
Maintained by: @The Digital Street