In the node detail page
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people
If you want thinner consistency, add a little more milk to the lassi while blending.
- 1093 views
Every Punjabi’s delight, lassi is an integral part of their culture. Kesar Lassi is its variant which is a summer drink made with dahi. It is usually served with lunch or as a post-dinner sweet treat.
- Curd (dahi) (2 cups)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Cold milk (1/2 cup)
- Hot milk (1 tbsp)
- Cardamom powder (elaichi) (1/2 tsp)
- Almonds/pistachios (badaam/pista), slivered (to garnish)
- First, soak the saffron in a tablespoon of hot milk for some time and then, crush it well.
- In a bowl, add dahi, saffron milk, sugar, elaichi powder and milk. Mix well and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Kesar Lassi is ready for consumption.
- Pour the lassi into glasses and add crushed ice cubes to it.
- Garnish with nuts and saffron. It tastes better when served chilled.