In the node detail page
Kathiwadi Khichdi (Vegetable Khichdi)
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Do not chop veggies too finely or they will turn mushy and spoil the khichadi’s texture.
- 2095 views
Kathiawad is region in Rajasthan and this recipe originated there, hence the name. It is a highly nutritious and flavourful khichdi of rice and vegetables without the dal. It is considered a wholesome meal for every age group.
- Rice (2 cups)
- Spring onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- Beans, chopped (1/2 cup)
- Peas (matar) (1/2 cup)
- Carrot (gajar), chopped (1)
- Cauliflower (gobhi), chopped (1/2)
- Green chillies, chopped (2-4)
- Garlic, finely chopped (5-6 pods)
- Asafoetida (hing) (a pinch)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Cumin Seeds (jeera) (1/2 tsp)
- Desi ghee (4 tbsp)
- Salt (As per taste)
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee and then, add hing and jeera. As soon as they start popping, add spring onion, chopped garlic, chopped veggies and green chillies. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder, salt, washed rice and water to it and mix well.
- Pressure-cook it through 2-3 whistles.
- Allow the pressure to escape naturally and then open the lid.
- Serve hot with a splash of ghee and green chutney and dahi on the side.