In the node detail page
Kakdichi Koshimbir (Cucumber Salad)
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2-4 people people
Spice Level: Medium
For optimum taste, use the fresh and crispiest of cucumbers you can find.
- 1711 views
Kakdi Chi Koshimbir which in Marathi means, salad made from cucumber.This light and fresh recipe is ideal for a hot summer’s day because of the cooling properties of the cucumber. You can either have it as an appetiser before the meal or as a healthy snack-time option.
- Cucumber (kakdi), chopped (2-3)
- Peanuts (shengdana), roasted (8-10)
- Peanuts (shengdana), roasted (1/2 cup)
- Green chillies, chopped (1-2)
- Lemon juice (2 tsp)
- Coriander leaves (haradhania), chopped (1 tbsp)
- Salt (To taste)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds (sarson) (1/2 tsp)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta) (5-7)
- Peel the kakdi and chop them finely. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Now squeeze the water from them and put them in a bowl.
- Crush the roasted shengdana with a pestle and mortar.Mix them with coconut, lemon juice, chopped green chillies and hara dhania.
- Add this mix to the cucumber.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the sarson in it till it pops. Then, add the kadipatta and fry for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the cucumber.
- Toss well. Add some sugar and salt just before serving.
- Mix well and serve.