In the node detail page
Kairi Ka Jaljeera
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2–4 people
Choose only sturdy raw mangoes for this recipe as they are naturally sour. If the mangoes are ripe, the dish loses its typical tangy taste.
- 18188 views
This refreshing drink is served in Rajasthan as an appetiser just before lunch. Prepared from raw mangoes, it is somewhat similar to the spicy tamarind water served with golgappas.
- Raw mangoes, chopped (1 cup)
- Coriander leaves (hara dhania), chopped ( 1/2 cup)
- Mint leaves (pudina), chopped (1/2 cup)
- Green chillies, chopped (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera), roasted (1 tsp)
- Black salt (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste )
- In a bowl, add all ingredients. Mix well with 1/4th cup of water.
- Transfer to a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a deep utensil. Add 2–3 cups of water and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve chilled.