In the node detail page
Kaddu Aur Aloo Ki Sabzi
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Serves: 2 to 4 people
Spice Level: Low
Remember to use only the green variety of pumpkin, or else the dish will become too sweet and not pair well with the potato mix.
- 1819 views
Kaddu Aur Aloo Ki Sabzi is a sweet-and-sour Rajasthani dish made using lots of spices and herbs that lend it a unique flavour. It is considered a delicious twist to the regular kaddu sabzi recipe common in all Rajasthani kitchens.
- Pumpkin (kaddu), cubed (5 cups)
- Potato, cubed (3 cups)
- Tomato purée (2 tbsp)
- Curd (dahi) (2 tbsp)
- Bay leaves (tejpatta) (2)
- Star anise (1)
- Cloves (laung) (4)
- Black cardamom (badi elaichi) (1)
- Black cumin seeds (shahi jeera) (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (2 tsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (1 tsp)
- MTR Dhaniya Coriander Powder (1 tbsp)
- Cumin (jeera) powder (½ tbsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (½ tsp)
- Dry mango powder (amchur) (1 tsp)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Oil (.)
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Next, toss in the tejpatta, laung, elaichi, star anise, kala jeera and jeera.
- When the mix begins to sizzle, add in the MTR Lal/Mirch Red Chilli Powder, the MTR Dhaniya/Coriander Powder and the jeera powder. Mix well.
- Next, add in the MTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder and stir again.
- Then, toss in the kaddu and aloo. Mix well. After about a couple of minutes, add in the tomato purée, along with the curd. Mix well.
- Next, pour in a cup of water. Cover and cook till the vegetables have become tender.
- Finally, add in the amchur powder, salt and sugar. Mix well again.
- Kaddu Aur Aloo Ki Sabzi is served best with singhare ki poori.