In the node detail page
Kachri Ki Chutney
- Duration: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2–4 people
Use fresh ground red chillies to give the dish the perfect flavour. Also, if you find it difficult to procure wild cucumber, you may use bitter gourd as that's the closest in taste.
- 3859 views
Have you ever heard about wild cucumbers? Well, this yummy chutney is made with them. It can be stored for a month in the refrigerator. Wild cucumbers are bigger than regular vegetables, and look more like water gourd or lauki. They grow in abundance in desert areas.
- Wild cucumber (kachri), grounded (1/2 cup)
- Oil (2 tbsp)
- MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder (2 tbsp)
- MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder (1 tsp)
- Curd (dahi) (1 cup)
- Fennel seeds (saunf) (2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (jeera) (1 tsp)
- Dry red chilli (sabut lal mirch), freshly ground (1 tbsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add in jeera and garlic. Sauté for a few seconds till the ingredients are aromatic.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it turns brown.
- Put in the kachri, MTR Lal Mirch Red Chilli Powder, MTR Haldi Turmeric Powder, salt, saunf, grounded lal mirch and curd. Mix well.
- Cook on a low flame, stirring occasionally, until the oil starts separating.
- Serve as a side dish and refrigerate the rest in an airtight container.